Thank you for choosing Global Office Furniture Solutions ("GOFS", "Company", "We", "Us", or "Our").
This Global Office Furniture Solutions website is operated by Global Office Furniture Solutions Inc. Your privacy is important to us, that is why we are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy.
While information is the cornerstone of our ability to provide superior service, our most important asset is our customers' trust. Keeping customer personal information secure, and using it only as our customers would want us to, and in accordance with the law, is a top priority for all of us at Global Office Furniture Solutions Inc. Here, then, is our commitment to privacy.
- We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any personal information our customers share with us.
- We will limit the collection and use of customer personal information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service and sales to our customers (both in-store and on-line), which may include advising our customers about our products, services and other opportunities (as outlined below), and to administer our business. In respect of sales transactions (both in-store and on-line) we may collect customer's name, address, email address, phone number, as well as payment information, such as credit card information. On-line sales transactions may also include our collection of customer user names and passwords in respect of our website.
- We will only use customer personal information in the manner consented to by our customers or as otherwise required or allowed by law.
- Customer personal information we collect may be stored in servers located in the United States ("US") and, as such, may be subject to US laws.
- We will not reveal customer personal information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreements, or as allowed or required by law. In respect of sales transactions, customer personal information may be provided to facilitate the transaction (such as processing a credit card purchase) or to facilitate financing of a purchase.
- Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our privacy standards.
- For purposes of our providing credit, credit reporting, verification and risk management, we will exchange personal information about our customers with reputable reference sources, credit bureaus and clearinghouse services.
- We will attempt to keep customer files complete, up to date, and accurate. We will tell our customers how and where to conveniently access their personal information (except when prohibited by law) and how to notify us about errors which we will promptly correct.
- We will only retain customer personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected, or as otherwise allowed or required by law.
- We will continuously assess ourselves to ensure that customer privacy is respected. We will conduct business in a manner that fulfills our commitment to privacy.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
NOTICE ABOUT SHARING CUSTOMER INFORMATION AND ABOUT MARKETING LISTS.
To serve our customers better, and with their consent, the Global Office Furniture Solutions Inc. may share with each other and with their affiliates certain personal information about its customers on a confidential basis.
We are committed to keeping our customers informed about our marketing and promotional offers. As part of this commitment, we have entered into an agreement with service providers, who will be able to provide our customers with information about future sales and promotions, specifically customized to their prior purchases with Global Office Furniture Solutions Inc. With our customer's consent, or as otherwise allowed by law, this service provider will be provided with their name, contact information (which may be a mailing or email address) and purchase history.
This provider will be contractually obligated to treat and protect customer personal information in the same fashion that we strive to do so. However, as this service provider is based in the US, it could be required to disclose customer personal information to the US government pursuant to US laws. If a customer no longer wishes to be part of these marketing efforts, they can contact our Privacy Officer, or select the "unsubscribe" option in any email, to be removed from the marketing lists. Each customer on a joint account may direct that only his or her own information not be shared by or be removed from our marketing lists. Please note that if a customer is removed from our marketing lists, we may not be able to offer them the opportunity to participate in our customer appreciation sales and promotional offers.
All requests and notification applicable to Global Office Furniture Solutions Inc. and its subsidiaries must be made in writing. When you write, please be sure to tell us your:
- Address / email address
- Phone number (where you can be reached during business hours)
- The best time of day for us to call you
Write to our Privacy Officer at the address below:
- If you have any questions concerning the personal information we have in your file or about our information practices.
- To obtain certain personal information that we have on file for you (you must specify the information you are interested in).
- If you believe any of our information is incorrect, so we can investigate and make corrections as required.
- To "opt out" of communications we send to you.
Our Privacy Officer can be reached at:
or in writing to:
Global Office Furniture Solutions Inc.
3290B Production Way
To file a privacy complaint, write to our Privacy Officer. If you are not satisfied with the result, you can also contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at:
Privacy Commissioner of Canada
112 Kent Street